As of November 1, 2021, PA has suspended COVID-19 mitigation measures in Pennsylvania and encourages individuals and businesses to follow CDC safety guidance. As of March 10, 2022, the CDC rates COVID-19 community levels and prevention steps for Somerset County at LOW, and Allegheny County, our primary feeder county as LOW. Based on this information:
- We do not anticipate implementing any masking requirements this summer; however, we will support a safe environment for any camper or guest who chooses to mask for any reason.
- We will continue to have hand sanitizers conveniently located around camp and encourage frequent hand washing and social distancing.
- All staff will be vaccinated.
- Because a positive COVID-19 carrier could negatively affect the week for so many campers, all campers are encouraged to self-quarantine and be diligent about prevention starting 10 days prior to camp to ensure they are asymptomatic upon arrival.
- We ask that vaccinated campers please provide proof of vaccination at check-in for our camper health records.
- All campers, regardless of vaccination status, must present a negative test taken no more than 3 days prior to arrival at camp, or a proof of a positive test at least 14 days prior to arrival at camp. Home rapid tests are acceptable, and proof can be a digital photograph taken with a phone of the camper holding the test result.
- Any camper showing signs of illness will be evaluated by the camp nurse and if a COVID-19 infection is suspected, parents and guardians will be contacted immediately to discuss arrangements for the camper to be tested. The camper and possibly others in their cohort may be quarantined from other campers until test results affirm a negative test result.
We will continue to monitor CDC and state guidelines throughout the summer and will adjust our COVID-19 prevention practices as required.
Still have questions? Please contact Camp via email at [email protected] or by phone at 412-213-5321.